Cool Bike Rides
This ride was suggested by a new friend of the site named Karl. Karl and his wife ride out of Agawam, MA and do several different runs. The trip is a total of about 225 miles, taking about 6 hours with stops for lunch, gas etc. I haven't worked up a map for this one but will try to soon. We haven't tried this one yet but hope to in the spring! I hope you enjoy...
- Ride out of Agawam taking Rte 57 west throught Southwick, Granville, Tolland.
- Stay on 57 through Sandisfield, New Marlborough, then pick up Rte 23 heading towards Great Barrington, continuing on Rte 23 over the NY border.
- Turn north on Rte 22, a nice backroad with views where you can really open it up.
- Cross Rte 2 near the nothern border of Mass and pick up Rte 7 east towards Bennington, VT.
- You can stop for a nice lunch in Bennington, then pick up Rte 9 east. 9 east takes you through the southern part of the Green Mountains, climbing steadly.
- Make sure you stop at the Hogback Mountain lookout on Rte 9, just east of Wilmington to stretch your legs and check out the "100 mile view".
- When you leave Hogback, head back west on Rte 9 for 2.5 miles and pick up Rte 100 south.
- After a few miles you will hit Rte 112 south which will bring you back into Mass, through Colrain, Shelburne Falls, and Ashfield. Stay on Rte 112 and head through Cummington, Worthington and down into Huntington.
- From there pick up Rte 20 east toward Westfield then take Rt. 187 back into Agawam.
Agawam, MA Start
This ride was submitted by one of our loyal readers.